These muffins are quick, delicious, and healthy! Great quick breakfast, mid-afternoon snack, or in school lunches. I like to add a tbsp of chia seeds before baking, for added fiber and nutrients! You can also add 1/2 cup of goji berries for more sweetness and protein, or top a warm muffin with almond butter. So good!
1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup gluten-free oats, divided
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. Himalayan sea salt
1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. raw honey
2 very ripe bananas, mashed smooth
1 cup chopped apples
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin tin or lightly grease with coconut oil.
2. Pulse 1/3 cup oats in a food processor until it’s the consistency of flour.
3. Combine the processed oat flour, 1/2 cup whole oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
4. In a large bowl, mix eggs, honey, and mashed bananas. Add dry ingredients to banana mixture; stir until combined. Fold in apples and walnuts.
5. Fill muffin tins evenly and garnish with additional apple slices and walnuts, if desired. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until baked through. Remove from muffin tin, and cool on wire rack.
(Recipe shared from the co-founders of Sakara Life)